shareaholic

f

maandag 23 maart 2015

Daytime Casual Brocade trousers



jacquard pants, brocade trousers
Brocade trousers, Jaquard pants, Breton stripes


These red brocade trousers are a couple of years old from Jigsaw. I like the wide slouchy fit as a contrast to the formal looking fabric. I'm still in two minds about cropping it an inch or so. The pattern says London to me. It reminds me of the London Transport Mocette (the fabric on the seats) See ltmuseumshop for examples. I have a Tramlink Standard cushion on my sofa!
Back to the outfit. The obvious choice for a combining item would be black. I'm rather pale so black near my face is never a good idea. The slashneck burgundy and black striped T-shirt I had picked up from Primark more or less out of boredom when I was waiting for my car to get serviced. I only ever have a wander trough Primark when I have to be at the Citroen garage at the other end of Rotterdam; there is a shoppingcenter nearby. Funny how these things work out; I have worn this t-shirt many times last winter! Brocade trousers can be worn as partywear or officewear but as I'm at home I am looking for ways to wear everything I own in a dressdown and more casual way. The cheap T-shirt (which is of surprisingly good quality seeing the number of washes is has had) does exactly that! Layered it over a basic black turtleneck sweater for warmth (it is not that warm in The Netherlands!) and finished the look off with very very pointy black ankle boots from Oxitaly. Happy. 

Self Portrait Photography
Oxitaly pointed low black ankle boots


Trousers: Jigsaw (similar at J.Crew's sale)
Ankle boots: Oxitaly (exact)
T-shirt: Primark. I like slash neck Breton top
Turtleneck: Zara
Earrings: Unknown brand via Showroomprive


To crop or not to crop, what do you think? Let me know in the comments!

See you next time,

Irmin

(I enjoy regular linkups to Fashion Should Be Fun and Not Dead Yet Style)

5 opmerkingen:

  1. Wonderful combination in the Color of the Year! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday, you look terrific.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Haha, I should call it Marsala! Off course, hadn't thought of tha, colour of the year! Thanks, Irmin

      Verwijderen
  2. Hello!
    I am new to your blog. I love this color and the pants look amazing on you. Pretty look!

    stop by when you can
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Hi Jess, It's you, the lady with the red hair and glasses! I saw you on Facebook (40+ style forum) and was mening to have a look at your blog! Will do soon, Thanks for your nice comment,
    Irmin

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Great outfit ! You look fabulous :) x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...