shareaholic

f

zondag 12 april 2015

Quilted Ivory Kimono Jacket & Colourful Leopard Print Blouse in the morning sun


Quilted Ivory Kimono Jacket
Quilted Ivory Kimono Jacket, Colourful Leopard print Blouse
Quilted Ivory Kimono Jacket
Colourful Leopard Print Blouse
This cute little lane with pollard willows is one of the unexpected passages of green in Rotterdam. You'd think I'm walking down a country lane but in fact I'm next to a highroad to the motorway, metroline and a big general hospital.
The jacket I'm wearing is from a French brand called Manoush. I found it 'accidentally' on a sales website with a curious name, Showroomprivé. I always feel a bit embarrassed when I pick up a parcel from them at the collect-point (a tobacconist, to add to the misery - a place I never frequent as I am a passionate non-smoker!) The name suggests a shop for a certain kind of goods that are rather ahem, privé/private. Their previous name was Brandinvites which sounds more accurate and inviting. I can't for the life of me understand why they changed it but I'm still a happy customer there.
Back to the star of this blogpost: an unpattered Kimonojacket. I love kimono jackets but never owned one as I never liked the patterns on them. Unconsciously I must have been looking for one without pattern or that isn't too oriental. Happy as a child I was when I spotted this jacket! That's were my serendipity-light way of shopping comes in as I explained in this post last autumn. I like chinoiserie in clothing but I don't like it when items are exact copies or 'quotations'. The designer at Manoush is inspired by oriental influences and her clothes are bohemian but they are original and they never become too literal. The fine quilting of the kimono reminds me of jackets I've seen in India. The colour is very pale ivory with a pink undertone, nearly the same as my skin. It is 100% cotton but ever so fine, it feels like silk. I like combining it with something more colourful as tones that match my skintone too much tend to wash me out. The leopard print blouse has the same base colour but the colourful spots are just enough to make liven the look up.
Quilted Ivory Kimono Jacket
Green two tone ballerinas


Kimono Jacket: Manoush, via Showroomprive.com. Have not found anything similar but I love this jacket!
Blouse: Maison Scotch (sold out) I think this blouse is quite similar in look and feel.
Jeans: Flippa K Super Stretch Coloured Jeans (three year old) (exact)
Bag: Isabella Rhea via Showroomprive
Shoes: Bisue Ballerinas via Showroomprive
Bracelet; de Bijenkorf (at least 10 years old) I'd really love this one! or this bangle.


Just as I finished shooting a group of people came by, see more on the behind the scenes page...


Do you let chance decide your clothing or do always know exactly what you are looking for?
Let me know in the comments!

See you again soon,

Irmin




stylenudge.com


Shopping My Closet





8 opmerkingen:

  1. That kimono jacket is beautiful, Irmin. I'm going to have to check out showroomprive for myself! Thanks so much for sharing with Fun Fashion Friday and have a fab weekend!
    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hi Dawn Lucy, thanks! I have no idea if the deliver in the States but you could always try! They have very different sales ranging from womens fashion and shoes, bags and accessories to household items. I found some good stuff for my boys there too (wintercoat, sandals etc)

      Verwijderen
  2. Beutiful Kimono Jacket. Love the combination with the blouse and Jeans.
    Monika
    Styleworld40plus.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Love this look, the green jeans,shoes, and the jacket is very special and unique, pretty!

    Thanks for linking up with Turning Heads Tuesday!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks! See you again! ( I really like these link ups!)

      Verwijderen
  4. Great shirt! I found your blog through Rachel The Hat. I host a link up every Wednesday (still live) so stop by if you get a chance.

    http://www.sydneyfashionhunter.com/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...