shareaholic

f

zaterdag 18 april 2015

The Adult Way to wear a Cap Sleeve T-shirt with Flare....


Paala shirt, flared jeans
self portrait photography


Flare...I mend flair of course. Not a typo but my attempt at language play (one of my favorite books, by David Crystal) When I lived in London I used to pass a fish & chip shop on the 52 bus route to Willesden Green every day. It was called the 'Plaice to Be'. I've always liked jokes and puns like that. Cheesy, I know!
This t-shirt falls more or less in that cheesy category. It has a funny cheerful graphic print of an apple on a bright green base with a 70s feel. The fabric is absolutely lovely, it's organic bamboo. It is by Paala, a small Dutch clothing label, producing hand screen printed shirts for women. I hardly ever wear T-shirts on their own anymore now I've passed the famous 40-line. When I was much younger I was very fond of tops with cap sleeves. I must have been on automatic pilot last year when I bought this shirt because when I had a closer view on a holiday picture (how seldom!) I spotted that my upper arms weren't the pre-children toned beauties anymore. Ok, that bit of body image corrected.
Solution: I wore it over an old office blouse in pale blue, nearly the same colour as the jeans. Styled this way, it looks like a slip-over (which we call a 'spencer' in Dutch oddly enough. This is another one of those English sounding words in our language that has a different meaning or doesn't exist at all in English. I had another example in the post early spring dressing)

The jeans I call starter flares. They are from Marks & Spencers and I bought them as an experiment. Would I like wide bottomed jeans again after years of skinnies? When I look down I think I'm wearing enormous flares, they certainly flap about when I walk. But now I've had a change to look at them properly (see, always trust the photograph, not the mirror!) to conclude that they are quite medium flares. Funny thing though, I must have gotten used to them in a very short space of time. I wore them the first time for this post in february and then I thought the flares where massive! I must say, I do really like flares and I hesitate to write 'again' as I only wore them in my very early youth. I shall be on the lookout for proper flares this autumn (she says with conviction..)

Hunkydory braided wrap leather belt
green peeptoe court , flared jeans

T-shirt: cool Dutch eco-label Paala  (similar)
Jeans: Marks & Spencers,  exact
Shirt: Bandolera
Shoes: Unisa. I would loooooove these! from Unisa.
Belt: Hunkydory (similar)
Bag: bought on holiday in France on a village market ( and now I've learned that they are in fact called French Market Totebags)
Camera: Pentax P30 (retired)


Cap sleeves over 40; No or GO?

Let me know in the comments!



See you again soon,


Irmin



(I enjoy regular link ups with Fashion Should Be Fun, Visual Monday, Elegantly Dressed & Stylish, Rachel the Hat and Style Nudge)





14 opmerkingen:

  1. Cute vest! Thanks for linking up this week :)

    http://www.sydneyfashionhunter.com/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Yes, thanks! Great is this linking up, isn't it?!

      Verwijderen
  2. I love this outfit. It's casual but looks put together. That green is gorgeous on you!

    bisous
    Suzanne
    http://www.suzannecarillo.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks! I should wear green more often...I saw a great green blouse at Zara, maybe I will....

      Verwijderen
  3. You have made a fabulous look with your flair/flairs! Love those heels too. Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday, xo.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Patti, now I've been blogging for 6 months and I'm hooked!

      Verwijderen
  4. Agree with Suzanne above.. green is gorgeous on you and love this alternative way of wearing cap sleeves. I love cap sleeves but I have muscular arms. Wearing cap sleeves sort of enhance the size rather than minimize. This way you show here could be a better way for me to sport cap sleeves. Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Love this easy denim look!

    Alena & http://garmentsspeech.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. I love this outfit ! That green is beautiful . You look fantastic :) x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. You have some wonderful Swedish brand clothes. Love the starter flare! :-) I need some green shoes, love yours too.I really love the layering and how to wear the cap sleeves. They can be tricky!

    Thank you for linking up with Turning Heads Tuesday!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks! Yes, I do like Scandinavian clothes a lot! Paala, the brand from the T-shirt is Dutch however. I'll soon have more Scandinavian style....

      Verwijderen
  8. What a super fun look! Have a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for sharing with Fun Fashion Friday!

    OXOX

    Dawn Lucy

    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...