shareaholic

f

donderdag 2 april 2015

What to wear when working from home: bomber jacket, boyfriend jeans & pointy flats


bomber jacket, boyfriend jeans, pointed flats
bomber jacket, boyfriend jeans, pointed flats
bomber jacket, boyfriend jeans, pointed flats
bomber jacket and breton stripes
pointy flats

When I'm working at home I don't want to feel like the mad woman in the attic (that's were my work space is) but I needn't dress like I am about to deliver a presentation to the BOD. See my theory on the freelancers-trap in the about page of Fashion Sabbatical Dress.

We all know how it is done, we have all read it in our guidebooks (think Style Forever from Alyson Walsh which is a truly great book!) We all know how to dress down a showbizz item and look cool and not overdressed in it during the day. So I put theory to the test and wore my tattiest pair of jeans with a luxurious silky bomber jacket with the this-goes-with-everything-Breton-striped-top. Finished the whole look off with funky pointy shoes and was amazed! It works!

I found this lovely blue and black patterned bomber jacket in the sale last year. I love bomberjackets (have a look on my Pinterest board on bomberjackets for more inspiration). I wish this one was reversible; I love the lining! I find bomber jackets very versatile and easier to style up or down than a blazer. I have another shiny one which you have seen on the post Glitzy bomberjacket pre-Christmas last December and a few plain ones.
The shoes are made of crackled leather in a shade that seems to adjust itself to what ever you are wearing. They are really comfortable or I just happen to be lucky enough to have sturdy feet, but I can walk in these all day  (OK, granted, I've spend most of the day behind the computer)

As you can see, I'm holding the remote control for the camera in my hand. The focus is still a hit & miss process, I'm afraid. See it as work in progress.....

bomberjacket Baum und Pferdgarten
Bomber jacket: Baum und Pferdgarten (exact)
Jeans: G-star Ford Straight (exact) Mine are 5 years old.
Belt: vintage (belonged to family member in the 80's)
Top: Cos (exact)
Shoes: Uterque, sold out. I like these and these are quite similar
Teacup: Ittala Taika (exact)
Lipshade: Watermelon from Bobbi Brown (exact)


Have you tried a 'tried & tested' combination for yourself? Did you like the result?

Let me know in the comments!


See you next time,

Irmin





(I enjoy regular link ups with Fashion Should Be FunVisual MondayElegantly Dressed & Stylish and Style Nudge)


stylenudge.com


13 opmerkingen:

  1. That bomber jacket is so cool! Love the way you styled it too, Irmin!
    Thanks for sharing with FUN FASHION FRIDAY!
    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com


    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hi Dawn Lucy, thanks! Hope to see soon again on Fun Fashion Friday!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I love your use of layering in these photos! You look great!

    Chelsea
    Ginger Side of Life

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Love this working at home look (much more polished then my own!). Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday, xo.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hi Patti, you know it works better. At least, I get down from wearing horrible stuff. :-)
      Thanks for the link party, they work really well!

      Verwijderen
  5. Your camera has a remote control? Awesome! And what a fabulously stylish outfit you're wearing!! I'm off to read your warning about fashion when you're working from home.

    I followed you here from Visible Style where I left this link... http://www.midlifemakeover.me/2015/04/anti-aging-report-makeup-edition.html

    Jeanine

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hi Anna Jeanine, yes but it is still a bit hit & miss! Will do my very best to improve things. Thanks for visiting and your lovely comment,

      Irmin

      Verwijderen
  6. I love everything about this look. Found your post through Not Dead Yet Style. Going to explore your blog right now! xo

    Trish
    http://www.honestlytrish.com/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Hi there, you read about my hubby's ancestors being from the Netherlands. I love the flats and the detail on the jacket is perfect!
    Thank you for linking up with Turning Heads Tuesday!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Totally in love with your bomber jacket, you styled it so well with the striped shirt, beautiful. Love, Kirsten x

    www.thelifbissue.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Very nice outfit. I found your blog thru Sylvia's forum.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...