shareaholic

f

maandag 27 april 2015

What to wear when working from home: Adidas sweater & Brocade with a pop of pink


Adidas sweater, pink details
Adidas grey marl sweater with pink
Pointy black flats

'Tomorrow makes me curious' is printed on my notebook. I choose it for my notes exactly because tomorrow & the near future does make me curious! This week I have started a professional course to specialize further in (my current workfield) medical occupational health. The coming months I'll won't be doing much else besides studying Dutch social law, ergonomics and many many things occupational (there is no English translation for this profession -Arbeidsdeskundige- because it only exists in the Netherlands) I'm loving it!

Comfortable sportswear is easy to wear when working at home but I like my homewear to be elegant and colourful, made of nice fabrics. I do not even own a pair of tracksuit bottoms! This Adidas cardi is somewhat of an exception in my wardrobe, bought on a whim a few years ago. It has proved it self very useful though. It is mostly draped over the chair behind my desk to pull over my shoulders when I get cold after sitting still for a while (I know as a proper occupational health person this is actually a sign that my body need moving again, but alas!) I decided it deserved a proper styling. So here it is: teamed with chic brocade trousers (featured in this post), a slinky pink top that matches the classic Adidas triple stripe and pointy black flats. What's not to love? Mood improving straight away and that's why I bother, even when I'm stuck at home with my textbooks for company.....
Adidas grey marl sweater jacket with pink details
Pointy black flats
Black pearl and silver bracelet
Sports jacket: Adidas (similar)
Top: French Connection (similar)
Trousers: Jigsaw (old) (similar)
Shoes: Pied a Terre (extremely old) I like this one
Bracelets: vintage (black beaded) and coloured pearl and silver via showroomprive (till 30th April there is a sale on from Amour d'Perle which is quite similar but check them out, they have beautiful jewelery on sale on a regular basis. To give you an idea: I paid €11,00 for this bracelet!)
Chair: Philippe Starck, Kartell Masters
Notebook: Hema


Do you wear sportswear at home?

Let me know in the comments!



See you again soon,


Irmin



(I enjoy regular link ups with Fashion Should Be FunVisual MondayElegantly Dressed & StylishRachel the Hat and Style Nudge)

8 opmerkingen:

  1. You said it perfectly, it does set the mood for the day, as well as our self confidence when we dress nicely for the day. And you also showed us how dressing nicely and stylish can also be comfortable.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Lovely work at home attire! I love the pants. Visting from Turning heads link up, congratulations on your feature.
    Rachel xo

    Garay Treasures

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Great choice ... you look comfortable , but ready to go if you need step out for an appointment. Dressing for working from home requires a balancing act and you have mastered it! visiting from TWP.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Yes, I will wear sportswear from time to time to work at home, comfy, soft fabrics. Love the color combo and those scalloped shoes!
    thanks for linking up with Turning heads Tuesday!
    xxjess
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Those shoes! Fab! Thanks so much for sharing with Fun Fashion Friday and have a super weekend!
    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. You look lovely and polished while working at home! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday, xo.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Thank you all for your lovely comments! I have been very bad in replying so late!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. I like how dressy your sports jacket looks with these pants. I used to wear my sport jacket with skirts years ago. I should revisit it. Thanks for the reminder. LOL.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...